As a company, how is it that you can invoice your clients in the best possible manner ? Timely invoicing is an essential for any limited company to maintain a decent level of cash flows. Correct formatting of invoices for clients to approve and pay them on time is extremely important as well. Invoices should be sent as soon as the billing cycle starts, so there are no payment delays.
Supplying all relevant information on the invoice is critical.
Here are some details:
- Every Invoice must carry the name of the invoicing company along with the address and the company name and details of the invoice being sent to
- The company’s registration no. too should reflect on the Invoice
- The ‘term’ Invoice should come on top
- The registration no. of your company, as reflected in the registration certificate
- The invoice should clearly reflect the product/service details along with the unit/hourly cost
- The date of issuing the invoice
- The chargeable amount of the invoice (This should be mentioned both inclusive and exclusive of the tax.
- The tax rate
- If the the client had issued a PO number, then the same should be added as well
- Extra expenses, if any can be included if agreed upon earlier
- A copy each of the approved estimates can be attached with the invoices, for reference
You can specify the preferred mode of payment to your client. You can share your bank account details or your payment gateway ID for the client to be able to pay you with ease. Including the terms and conditions related to payments and the product/services is important for any invoice. Make sure that if your company is VAT registered, then the invoices carry sequential numbers. If you are billing for hours, then do attach timesheets as well.
Online Invoicing software like Invoicera help you with a host of features to invoice clients more professionally and receive payments on time:
- Use free invoice templates to add your logo and brand identity to your invoices
- Add late fee to your invoices to get your clients to pay up on time
- Schedule your invoices and save valuable time
- Directly convert your billable hours and expenses to Invoices
- Integrate with your project management/CRM software
- Add multiple products and clients
- Convert Invoices to PDFs and save them to your computer
- Use Custom Work Flow management solutions to simplify your business process